21 November 2009

Thanks To You.

I have almost finished school for the year. this makes me very happy.

I would like to introduce to you my DeviantArt.
It's where I post lots of my work. So have a look.

Still Reaching
This is a photo I took last weekend.
I was lying on the ground looking up at the sky when I noticed this dead tree branch still reaching for the sky.

Now I have one last thing to talk about, we're on the home stretch!
You may wonder why I've called this post "Thanks To You".
Well, my favorite site to look at, ModCloth, is having a Thanksgiving Thank-a-Thon Blog Contest.
It's encouraged me to thank someone that I've every thankful for.

For about the past four years I've been showing some signs of depression, but it wasn't until recently that I was diagnosed. This isn't because I didn't want help, I don't like feeling this way, it was simply because I was too scared. I'd been hiding the way I was feeling as much as I could for as long as I could. I was too scared to talk to anyone about it or ask anyone for help about it, but I knew that I couldn't do it on my own. So I just did nothing, I just let myself feel the way I did.
This brings me to I'd like to thank, without trying to sound too cliche, I would like to thank my Mum. I'm no going to lie and say that she's my best friend or anything like that, because she's not, she's just my mum, but I am very thankful for her.
She's supported me my whole life, and when she knew what was going on in the past couple of years, she been there for me then too.
Just over a week ago I told her for the first time that I wasn't happy, mostly with myself. I'm not completely sure how she took it on the inside, but on the outside she stayed clam and helped me a lot.

She's the one who called the doctor.
She's the one that held my hand.
She's the one that said the words that I couldn't.
She's the reason that I'm on the road to recovery.
Thank you, Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment